The long-term mean annual temperature equals 8.8C and is the highest in Poland.
- Tarnów is located on the so-called “thermal island”, which creates the best thermal conditions in Poland,
- The long-term mean annual temperature equals 8,8°C and is the highest in Poland,
- Tarnów has the longest period with daily mean temperature above 15°C in Poland. It lasts 1114-118 days,
- Tarnów has the highest annual number of cloudless days in Poland (55 days). Therefore, the region receives the highest amount of solar energy (62,5 kilo-calories per square centimeter),
- The annual mean insolation equals about 1573 hours,
- 30 percent of the year in Tarnów is windless,
- Warm south and west winds and dry foehn (warm katabatic wind)